You are searching about What Sport Has The Least Injuries, today we will share with you article about What Sport Has The Least Injuries was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Sport Has The Least Injuries is useful to you.
Youth Sports – Advantages of Sports and Youth Coaches
There are three components of healthy fitness in youth sports: heart-lung endurance (cardiovascular), strength and flexibility (musculoskeletal), and the ratio of body fat to lean muscle mass ( nutrition). Children who play sports and exercise regularly have bigger hearts, less fatty tissue, more muscle mass, stronger bones and more flexible joints. Fit kids are less likely to get injured in youth sports and will later battle diseases like heart disease and osteoporosis.
Overall, physical activity:
– reduce the risk of developing colon cancer, high blood pressure and premature death
– reduce the risk of heart disease
– help to develop and maintain healthy bones, muscles, joints and psychological well-being
– encourage better academics through the philosophy “healthy body, healthy mind”
All children should be encouraged to participate in youth sports at some level so that they can complete 60 minutes of high heart rate exercise at least three times a week. Children who play sports will tend to do so as adults. Ideally, children should play at least five sports and not specialize in just one. Specialization is known to cause overuse injuries.
An important part of playing a sport is having a good coach. Youth coaches should:
– structure practices properly with a warm-up and cool-down and include conditioning drills
– have enough rest and water breaks
– have a pre-season conditioning program
– do not push children to the point where injury may occur
– discourage dangerous tactics in sports like face blocking in football
– ensuring the right equipment and safety facilities
– recognize the first signs of pain
– be ready to give appropriate first aid or CPR
– discourage the use of crash diets and dangerous drugs like steroids
– use positive comments as motivation
– use the motto “Athletes first, victory later”
Not all youth coaches are certified, especially at an early age. Volunteer coaches are hard to find with the busy lifestyles adults lead now. This does not mean that individual sports should not train their youth coaches. Even a one-day clinic with a well-developed handbook to keep can do wonders for a volunteer’s confidence in coaching young children. The better the training at an early age, the more likely the child is to continue playing the sport for years.
Statistics show that 70% of children drop out of organized sports before the age of 14 for a number of reasons.
– poor and abusive coaching
– lack of playing time
– lack of pleasure due to the stress of always winning
– the boredom of sports that are too regimental
– fear of failure for not achieving personal or team goals
– insufficient size or maturity to compete
As you can see from the list, all but the last reason are all very controllable by the coaches involved. A really good coach who understands the nature and philosophy of youth sports can develop athletes who want to keep playing. Lack of physical ability should not be a factor as most sports have lower levels of play so that all children can be included.
Video about What Sport Has The Least Injuries
You can see more content about What Sport Has The Least Injuries on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about What Sport Has The Least Injuries
If you have any questions about What Sport Has The Least Injuries, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Sport Has The Least Injuries was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Sport Has The Least Injuries helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Sport Has The Least Injuries
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords What Sport Has The Least Injuries
What Sport Has The Least Injuries
way What Sport Has The Least Injuries
tutorial What Sport Has The Least Injuries
What Sport Has The Least Injuries free
#Youth #Sports #Advantages #Sports #Youth #Coaches